Happy New Year Friends! We are so excited about all that 2019 has to offer and all of the new partnerships that will help us to make 2019 an amazing year for the Star-C programs at Summerdale and Springview. While we are excited about all that 2019 brings, we can’t move forward without sharing our gratitude for all that 2018 gave to us. Let’s look at the highlights from last year!
1. We started our Star-C afterschool program with 16 kids in August of 2018 and ended with 26 kids in December of 2018! That is 63% growth in just 4 short months!
2. We have over 50 books donated through our Bookraiser campaign.
3. We had over 100 books donated from various people and local organizations to help us grow our ASP library.
4. We were able to partner with Cleveland Ave Elementary to host our first field trip which was to the school PBL night in October! It was definitely an amazing time!
5. We moved from a small room in the back of the office to our own facility at Springview! We celebrated with a wonderful ribbon cutting ceremony at the beginning of November!
6. We hosted a Fall Festival for all of our residents and were able to serve almost 50 students!
7. We partnered with Impact Church in the month of December and received over 100 books to be gifted to students for them to build their at home libraries, and several toys and gift cards to share with our Star-C After School Program students as well as other residents of our Summerdale and Springview communities to celebrate the holidays!
It was a truly an amazing start to what is sure to be a phenomenal journey! We are thankful for all that 2018 brought us and know that it will only get bigger and better in this year to come! Make sure that you join us in the journey and help us to have an amazing year!